Friday, October 19, 2012

Go Vote!

I don't know about you but I'm sick up to my eyeballs of all the political this and that everywhere I look. I literally cannot do anything without seeing or hearing something about the upcoming election. I will be glad once November's Presidential election is over. My Presidential vote is clear to me. Don't worry; I'm not going to tell you to vote for anyone specific. But I do want you to vote.

Go to RegistertoVote.org and find your state to see if you can still register to vote. It is too late to register to vote in Ohio but other states allow you to register up until 10 days prior to the election (like Alabama). You may have already registered when you renewed your driver's license, registered for the draft after turning 18, etc. Go to CanIVote.org to see if you are registered. After selecting your state and inputting the required information (last name, street name, zip code, and county), scroll to the bottom of the page under the input boxes to see what records they located. If your name isn't on there, then you may have issues when you get to the polls.

I am a firm believer in the fact that anyone that does not vote should not complain about policy and politicians afterwards. Voting is an essential part of your civic responsibility. Do your part! Go vote on November 6, 2012.

Love is love, no matter the back story. <3 DS

No comments: