Thursday, June 28, 2012

How You Doin'?

Okay that was a stupid joke. I've been away from the internets for so long that I feel like I have forgotten how to "do it" as they say. My last post was over a month ago. It was a Mother's Day post. Since then, a lot of stuff has happened. Not in a OMGUGOTGOODNEWS!!!! kind of way. Just lots of stuff happening. So here is a little update:



My mom had surgery last month. She had to go to an oral surgeon because she has awful teeth and the dentist she went to nearly broke her jaw and jacked some of her molars up when he "fixed" them. The surgeon ended up removing 18 teeth that day. She just finally went back yesterday to have the denture and partial plate fittings done. She is in a lot less pain now, so I can purposely ask her to say something with a "s" sound in it and not feel too bad when I laugh. I know, I'm a terrible person. :D

The Labradoodles we rescued at the end of last year found new homes. I'm going to miss Kahlua and Sadie very much... at least I will miss their company, being greeted at the door when I get home from work, and evening playtime. I will not miss them eating my dad's $400 glasses, chasing and trying to eat the cats all the freaking time, peeing/pooping on the floor (hello? the door to outside is open for Pete's sake!) when they most certainly are potty trained, the digging and complete decimation of everything in the yard including the lines from the gas tank to the house (I can't even explain how much that sucked), and the constant barking through the night. Dad put his foot down and they had to go. A local rescue was amazing and helped us find incredible homes for the both of them and they are doing fantastic!

Work is work. I leave at 7ish AM and get home just after 4 PM. I'm exhausted, filthy, and usually happy as can be. I wish the exhausted part would ease up a little bit though. I expected some weariness after work for the first month or so since I had been out of work for the near 2 years prior. But I've been at this for over 6 months now. At my age, I shouldn't feel this tired when I get home from work, even if it is a job that requires constant movement and heavy lifting. My job is not that hard. Sheesh! I come home ready to pass out and manage to stare hatefully at the internet signal as it bounces around.

Speaking of internet, I'm still having stupid connection issues. I know there is some variation in signals, especially when using WiFi. But, Harvey is only about 40-50 feet away from the router and the 3 interior walls the signal travels through are not thick, nor are they anything but wood framing, press board paneling, and paint. I can literally watch my signal icon go from 3 bars to 1 bar to 2 bars to nothing in a 10 second span of time. It does this about every 5 minutes, then will stay at nothing for 5 minutes before suddenly having 3 bars again. Never 4 or 5 of course. I reset the modem and router weekly. It doesn't help. I've updated everything on my computer related to connectivity. It hasn't helped. I have started the very tedious process of researching wireless repeaters but damn they are expensive. *sigh*

That sums my life up fairly well at this point. As of 3:30 PM today, I am off of work for a 10 consecutive days (counting weekends of course) so I will be working my butt off to get some blog content going. I refuse to let this blog stagnate because I'm tired and frustrated with the internet. Those are lame excuses. Here's to an amazing summer of productivity!

Love is love, no matter the back story. <3 DS

3 comments:

Arts in the Family said...

Glad to have you back! It's gonna be the summer of Dee!

Alberto Ramirez

Dee said...

I love your optimistic attitude Alberto! It is going to be a good summer come hell or high water. :D

<3 DS

Booksteve said...

Yay! You're alive! And with ten days off you have no excuse for not coming over here sometime in the next few days. The AC is working, the fleas are down to about 15%, there are less cats inside and more outside and we have a whole new bathroom! And with any luck a consistent run of money is coming in over the next few weeks!