Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Consumed by Writing


You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you. ~Ray Bradbury
Writing is my time machine, takes me to the precise time and place I belong. ~Jeb Dickerson
I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron
If you do not breathe through writing, if you do not cry out in writing, or sing in writing, then don't write, because our culture has no use for it. ~Anais Nin
There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. ~ Ernest Hemingway

These quotes really struck me as honest depictions of a writer. Hemingway said it the best I think. Writing is hard. To say that it is easy, that there's "nothing to it" is lying. If a writer doesn't have a catch in her throat as her character faces the cliff, then she isn't writing the best she can. She isn't allowing the story to be honest.

Love is love, no matter the back story. <3 DS

No comments: