Sunday, September 04, 2011

Sunday Sales: Paramore

I've been listening to Paramore for a while now. They are one of my favorite bands, and I could listen to lead singer Haley Williams for hours. After some group revisions, Paramore is currently made of Williams, Jeremy Davis on bass, and Taylor York on guitar. Brothers Josh and Zac Farro split ways with the band in 2010 amid some controversy. But I digress.







Paramore's debut album came out in 2005. All We Know is Falling reached #30 on Billboard's Heatseekers chart, with Pressure, Emergency, and All We Know filling out the singles list. Riot!, the band's second album, came out in 2007. Misery Business, Hallelujah, Crushcrushcrush, and That's What You Get were released as singles over the following year. The band contributed two songs, Decode and I Caught Myself, to the Twilight soundtrack in 2008. A live album was released in 2008 called The Final Riot!, featuring live concert recordings from a venue in Chicago. 2009 saw the Brand New Eyes release with five singles: Ignorance, Brick by Boring Brick, The Only Exception, Careful, and Playing God. Their song Monster was featured in the Transformers: Dark of the Moon soundtrack and was released in June, 2011. A fourth studio album is expected in 2012.

I first heard Paramore when I was forced to sit through the first Twilight movie. Don't get me wrong, I did actually enjoy the books. I'd rather have my eyes carved out with a spoon that watch the movies. The only thing I liked about the movie was the video at the end featuring Paramore. I have tried to keep up with them ever since. Haley has a beautiful mesmerizing voice that is very pleasing to my ears. The band rocks without giving me a migraine. That in itself is an accomplishment. I really enjoy listening to Paramore. Watch the Monster video below or find it on Youtube.

Love is love, no matter the back story. <3 DS

No comments: