Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday Thought: Patience

Patience is something my family falls short on sometimes. With so many people and animals in the house, we are constantly in the way of someone else. Until last week, we shared 1 bathroom between 4 adults and 2 little girls. That was a nightmare. My dad has become very accustomed to peeing outside, even in bad weather. My grandmother moved into her own place now that she is able to get around and so the holdup at the bathroom is a little better. But the kids still want food the second they realize they are hungry (same for the critters), my dad wants the puppies to be potty trained 6 months ago, and Mom wants to be able to snap her fingers and have a clean house.

I am a patient person. At least I try to be. My job requires an inordinate amount of patience. My family requires it as well. lol Here is a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson about patience to keep in mind: Adopt the pace of nature; her secret is patience. How appropriate is that?! That really resonated with me this morning.

And now I am off to work and am going to try to patiently await the weekend. Which is when I will patiently sleep for about 12 hours at a time between naps. :D


No comments: