Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dream Writing Setup

I thought I made post about my ideal writing room back during my October NaNo posts but I can't find it. I don't know if I started it and never finished it or if it is just buried somewhere. Anyways, I'll start over.

If I had my way (c'mon Mega Million jackpot! haha), I would have my office at the back of my home, away from bathrooms, kitchen, bedrooms, etc. It would have thick walls to muffle the sounds in the house even further. I'm easily distracted so any noise reduction is helpful. A private bathroom would be nice too.

The walls would be a mid-green shade (olive maybe?) with a warm brown trim. Maybe one wall brown. On the side opposite the door (and the side with the best view, naturally), I would have installed a bay window trimmed in brown. It would be upholstered in the green and stacked high with squishy brown pillows.
Around the room, I would have several bookshelves of course. In between those, I would have the illustrated prints of my book covers on canvas in poster size. Maybe a few of my own paintings. A large brown leather rolling chair and corner desk to match would set it up pretty nicely.

The desk would sit so that if someone came into my office, they would sit opposite me on the other side of the long end of the L shape, with the short end on my right (I'm a righty). A bouquet of red, pink, and purple flowers would sit on a stand just inside the door where I could see it pop against the green. I wouldn't use a metal filing cabinet. I would use the drawers/cabinets in my desk instead.

My office would be my sanctuary. What does your dream sanctuary (be that a man cave, a makeup room, a kitchen, etc.) look like?


No comments: