Monday, August 20, 2012

What I'm Reading

Over the weekend, I found myself swallowed up in the architectural history of Cincinnati and neighboring Covington. I took a walk in historic Covington a little while after the last Red's game and got an amazing tour of some of the older buildings along the river while Mercy Me played in the stadium across the bridge. When I got home, I continued the research. I thought I would share some of the articles I have been reading.

Architecture of Cincinnati
Gothic Revival Architecture
Gothic Architecture

I have found so much good information just between the 2 Wikipedia links and the Cincinnati page. Very interesting reads if you are of that kind of mind-set. I find the information fascinating now, though 8 years ago when I took art history in college it was so very boring. At least I have found myself nodding in understanding or at least recognition of different terms and bits of information!

Here are a few more pages to browse!
Architecture diagrams
Gothic Revival diagram


Love is love, no matter the back story. <3 DS


No comments: