- The Green Mile- This Tom Hanks movie was great, so much so that I didn't even suspect that it was based on a novel until several years later when someone pointed it out.
- Shawshank Redemption- This movie was played over and over when I was a kid. I don't know what the appeal was specifically but we loved it.
- Bridge to Terabithia- I love the sweet simplicity of this movie.
- Black Beauty- Any one of the versions of this movie is good. I like the one that came out when I was a child though.
- The Shining- This movie came out before I was born but Steven King proves himself to be an amazing storyteller, as this is the 3rd of his novels-turned-movies that I have on the list. It is pretty telling I think.
Love is love, no matter the back story. <3 DS