Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

We have 5 kids here at the house running through the sprinklers and screaming like banshees. Dad has the grill going. We did a small bonfire (apparently illegal now- burn warning) and s'mores last night. I had the brilliant idea to replace the Hershey's bars with peanut butter cups. They were amazing. Mom is hanging out in the air conditioning with Gran, mixing up salad, making deviled eggs, and getting all the cutlery and such together.

I have managed to get the yard cleaned up with the help of the kids. I mowed while they drug tree limbs into a pile for the fire, watered the plants, and pulled some weeds. A teenage neighbor cleared out the gutters (yay no more trees growing in them!) for $20. I got up early and went to the cemetery to lay some flowers on my aunt's and my cousin's gravestones. No cats were bathed... its just been too crazy with all the kids running around and the random bouts of no electricity. So it is Wednesday and all I have left- minus bathing cats- is to write. I have been working on that but I've yet to be really productive. I'm so distracted!

Have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July folks. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids if you are going to be out in the heat!

Love is love, no matter the back story. <3

No comments: