2/3 cup instant coffee grounds
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1 cup powdered chocolate drink mix
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 12 ounce canning jars
- Put the coffee grounds into a food processor to grind into a fine powder. If you do not have a food processor, put it into a plastic zip lock bag and roll with a rolling pin until finely ground.
- In a large bowl, combine the instant coffee, creamer, chocolate drink mix, sugar, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg. Stir together until well mixed. Divide the mixture between the two jars.
- Seal the jar tightly, cover the lid with a square cloth and wrap a rubber band over the cloth to keep it attached securely. Add a tag that reads: Mix 3 tablespoons of powder with 6 fluid ounces of hot water.
- Cover with a holiday/gift themed square of cloth and ribbon to match the occasion.
- Include with homemade bread, a package of biscotti, or whole cinnamon/candy cane sticks wrapped in cellophane to match your included flavoring.
- Blend the ingredients with a whisk or blender before pouring into the jars to really mix it together.
- Use whatever preferred powdered creamer... including flavored creamers like french vanilla.
- Replace cinnamon and nutmeg with pumpkin spice, mint, or other spices for a variety of flavors.
- Add chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, crushed peppermint candies etc. to match the flavor.
Love is love, no matter the back story. <3 DS