Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bio Questions

A friend of mine forwarded me a list of questions to "help" me talk about myself. In her words, "The first post was cute, but a random blog visitor will have no idea who you are or a reason to care one way or the other." So, fine, I'll answer some questions. I'm not happy about it though.

  • Name: Dee R. Sutter
  • Age: 27
  • Hometown: within 50 miles of Cincinnati, OH (yes that is intentionally vague... I like my privacy. Sorry.)
  • What did you want to be growing up? A veterinarian for large cats.
  • What are you doing now that you've grown up? Full time writer.
  • Worst habit? Biting my nails.
  • Best habit? I write every day.
  • What is your family like? In my house, it is me, my better half, the cats, and whoever else seems to be here when I get home. We are weird, energetic, and random.
  • Favorite color: green Least favorite color: orange
  • Favorite movie: The Goonies Least favorite movie: Cable Guy
  • Favorite book: The Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix (I don't have a favorite out of the 3, as a whole, they are amazing) Least favorite book: um...all the ones that I picked up and never finished... Lestat by Anne Rice comes to mind. Love the rest of her stuff, but I couldn't get through Lestat
  • Favorite vacation spot: I haven't been on a vacation since I was a teenager and it was awful so I don't have a favorite.
  • Biggest fear: water that I can't see through (like murky ponds/lakes) and birds
  • Biggest achievement: graduating from college
  • Best childhood memory: the summer when I was 12, a friend of my mom gave me a refrigerator box full of books. About 50 Nancy Drew books, some Hardy Boys, a couple V. C. Andrews books (Flowers in the Attic was there), some Goosebumps, and a Harlequin Romance. My love of reading started that summer!
  • Worst childhood memory: I was attacked by a small flock of Canadian Geese when I was three for getting too close to their nest. It was very bad.
  • What clique were you in during school? I will forever be a nerd. Junior High and High School were very different beasts. Jr. High was awful. I was bullied all the time for being short, looking weird, and reading too much. In high school (at a different school), I was friends with everyone. No one had a problem with me being smart, because I helped them out when they needed it.
  • If you could do one thing right now, what would it be? Pet a tiger. It has been a dream for a long time.
  • What do you hope to accomplish in your life? I want to reach people, give them something to smile and talk about, and hopefully encourage them to reach for their dreams too.

Please, please, please tell me that is enough?! Add me on Facebook, send me a tweet, or comment here if you would like a specific question answered.

3 comments:

Booksteve said...

Haven't seen THE GOONIES believe it or not but I did see CABLE GUY and I can see where you're coming form there, that's for sure!

"looking weird"!!?? Sorry. Can't see it.

Love the Best childhood memory. My sometime boss Craig designed some GOOSEBUMPS logos for those books! Not sure if he did the main one.

I quit biting my nails once and the only thing that happened was I missed it.

I enjoy your goal. I once answered a question about my goal in life by saying it was to develop a goal in life. As far as encouraging others to reach for their dreams, I can assure you, you have succeeded.

Dee said...

You haven't seen The Goonies? How are we even friends?! OMG! :P

Dee said...

Oh and I only looked weird because my mom did my hair and picked out my clothes that were always a decade behind the current style.