Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Samuel L. Jackson is narrating smash hit book!

Samuel L. Jackson of Snakes on a Plane and Pulp Fiction fame is the voice of Go the F**k to Sleep. GFS is an adult nursery rhyme written as a "children's" picture book. It is definitely not KF, as the title demonstrates.

I thought it was really interesting how this book came into fruition. The author, Adam Mansbach, has a young daughter that just would not go to sleep. I have read several accounts that he made a tongue-in-cheek status post on Facebook about writing a new bedtime story for his kid titled "Go the F**k to Sleep" because of the issue. He got so many positive responses to the idea that he decided to actually write it! I might not have the details correct, but I swear I remember reading that a few weeks ago.

The cubs and the lions are snoring, Wrapped in a big snuggly heap. How come you can do all this other great sh*t But you can't lie the f**k down and sleep?

The book has gotten rave reviews, pre-sales have been huge, its first printing order was increased, and now Samuel L. Jackson is involved. Is that not totally epic? I love that Mansbach is finding so much success. I definitely want to read this 32 page book when it comes out, even though I don't have children.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-05-13/living/go.the.f--k.to.sleep_1_parenting-books-sleep-bad-parents?_s=PM:LIVING

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110614/ap_en_mo/us_books_go_the_bleep_to_sleep;_ylt=AknnQNq2K03E25bxPCCjTatREhkF;_ylu=X3oDMTM0Mml0dXFmBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwNjE0L3VzX2Jvb2tzX2dvX3RoZV9ibGVlcF90b19zbGVlcARwb3MDMQRzZWMDeW5fcGFnaW5hdGVfc3VtbWFyeV9saXN0BHNsawNzYW11ZWxsamFja3M-

**Just realized that I misspelled Samuel twice. But I spelled it right twice too. Meh.***

1 comment:

Booksteve said...

Samel??

BTW--I did see where apparently several others will be doing their audio versions of this book, also!