Thursday, June 16, 2011

A daily "thing"

So I've been reading a lot of blogs and saw that a lot of people do the Friday Five, where they make a list of 5 things. The topic of the list is random, but all the things on the list are related. I suppose it is like Twitter's Follow Friday where users use #FF and list folks they think their followers should follow as well. I've seen variations of themes for different days and I've come up with my own based on my interests.

Monday Moods: We all have them. I like to read about moods and emotions, their causes and effects, and with what those various moods are associated. I'd like to try to associate the topics with either personally relevant moods at the time, pop-culture, and general interest.

Tuesday Tales: I love fairy tales. I especially like reading about the origins of those tales and their adaptations over the years. I will pick a fairy tale and discuss it and its various incarnations in literature, film, and theater when applicable.

Wednesday Wiki: Wikipedia is a wealth of (sometimes reliable) information. When I'm bored, I like to use the "random article" feature and read about something new. I'll find a random link, post it here, and talk about it.

Thursday Thrift: I love thrift stores. It is like Christmas morning in a warehouse. There are tons of stuff all over the net about them so I'll share links to fun articles, talk about the history of specific chains, and just basically be a cheap fangirl.

Friday Five: A random list of five connected things. I can't really describe it beyond that because the topic is really, really random.

Saturday Solicitation: Book reviews! While I will probably do some book reviews throughout each week, I want to make a point of doing at least  one a week and Saturday is that day. Got a book you'd like me to read and review? Contact me to make that happen. I prefer open format ebooks, but if you have an .html or .txt version, I'll take that too.

Sunday Sales: Okay, so this is something like a book review, but not really. On Sunday, I want to plug some books/movies that I am anticipating, authors that I know with books out, and tour happenings.

This is a tentative plan for now, but I hope that it works out well because I love this idea. My posts are random as it is, but at least this is a great way to share some of my interests without going the "me, me, and me" route.

2 comments:

Booksteve said...

I love the way you are getting into the blogging! It is most definitely a way to keep your writing skills sharp and to challenge yourself in an y number of ways. So proud of you!

Lilly Rowling said...

Once in a blue moon meaning
Not very often:

Example:
My sister lives in Alaska, so I only see her once in a blue moon.