Saturday, June 18, 2011

Round of Applause for you Sir!

New York Republican Senator Roy McDonald released a press statement with a quote heard round the world. If you haven't seen it yet, please extricate yourself from the rock you are under. Seriously. New York is currently voting on the issue of gay marriage. As of the 16th, they only needed 1 more vote to pass the Senate I believe.

So most republican politicos are against gay marriage and I personally think they are morons. No one has yet to explain to me how someone's marriage could threaten and/or destroy the marriage of another just by association. Now, my eyes have been opened to one republican that is not a moron. I don't know the rest of his political history, but the man is taking a stand on gay marriage that surprised the hell out of me. Read the link or just read the quote below.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/republican-new-york-senator-comes-out-for-gay-marr

Copying from the article: (bad language ahead, you were warned)

“You get to the point where you evolve in your life where everything isn't black and white, good and bad, and you try to do the right thing,” McDonald, 64, told reporters. 
“You might not like that. You might be very cynical about that. Well, fuck it, I don't care what you think. I'm trying to do the right thing. 
“I'm tired of Republican-Democrat politics. They can take the job and shove it. I come from a blue-collar background. I'm trying to do the right thing, and that's where I'm going with this.”

Mr. McDonald, I do not think YOU are a moron, sir. I respect the fact that you are trying to do the right thing and I sincerely wish you all the best. Thank you for standing up for the people. You rock!

No comments: