Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunday Sales: World Fantasy Convention

Just a short Sunday Sales today. The World Fantasy Convention is coming up. It is October 27th-30th in San Diego, California. This year's theme is Sailing the Seas of Imagination. The big guests are Jo Fletcher, Neil Gaiman, Parke Godwin, Shawna McCarthy, Ruth Sanderson, and Connie Willis.

I always love reading about the WFC, finding the pictures and the audio links from the event. I never get to go though. This year is no exception. They have already reached their registration cap of something around 900 people and were wait-listing people the last time I checked their page. I really hope they open it up to a large venue soon.
If you live out west (I'm super jealous of you already) and like fantasy, you should consider getting on the wait-list. A full weekend pass is somewhere in the neighborhood of $175 but I think that is money well spent. I would pay that just to get to hear Neil Gaiman speaking. Probably the accent, but damn, he can talk to me all day long. If you are already registered, you lucky damn dog, send me pictures/video of Neil. Please and thank you!

No comments: