It is from MSN Money. It is from 2009 but it is still applicable to our current needs. Beyond the basics of why thrift shopping is so awesome, the article lists the following:
- Keep a list of needs for you, your children, looming holidays, etc.
- Make a list of local thrift stores in your area.
- Make a routine of visiting a few shops for 10 to 15 minutes each a couple times a month.
- Learn how the stores price their items so that you are shopping for quality!
- Sales usually happen on Saturdays due to most donations happening then and can run around 50% off!
- Learn to be patient, as items that hang around longer are often cheaper the following week.
- Try everything on and be nit-picky when looking over items to avoid damaged goods.
- Don't buy it just because it is cheap.
That is great advice! Have you found anything interesting in your local thrift store? Email me and tell me about it. I'd love to feature your stellar find on my blog!