Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday Mood: Happiness

Don't worry. Be happy! Happiness is a feeling of well-being. Money, education, and the weather do not affect happiness like many believe. Such things can improve happiness for a select few, but if we believe the stories then probably not. Philosophically, being happy means living a good life, full of simple pleasures, environmental engagement, social relationships, meaning (religious, self, etc.), and accomplishments.

I suffer from manic depression but I do have a good life. I fight battles with myself every day but when it boils down to it, I'm happy more often than not. I like the idea that happiness can be improved by multiple factors. I love the simple pleasure of sitting in a hot bath until my fingers are pruned and the water becomes tepid. Some people are at their happiness when at the center of attention in a room full of people. I know countless people who are so strong in their faith that they are truly happy in their life; no trials or tribulations change their demeanor. Finally, I can attest that a happy work environment makes for a much more productive employee.

So don't worry. Be happy! If you are unhappy, find something that makes it better. I recommend a hot bath and a good book. But that's just me.


Love is love, no matter the back story. <3 DS

1 comment:

Booksteve said...

Sounds good. I haven't had an actual bath in a decade. Hahahahahhahaa. Just thought of something. Made me happy...which I guess is your point so I'll leave it at that.