- Lowers bad cholesterol and raises good cholesterol (never had mine checked)
- Lowers blood pressure (has steadily gotten higher every year)
- Lowers risk of type 2 diabetes (I definitely have a family history of diabetes)
- Manages weight (like a large portion of America, I need that)
- Improves mood (hahaha really? We'll just say I need that too)
- Helps physical fitness and strength (I know that is a good thing)
Side note: You should consult your doctor before beginning any exercise program. Walking is no exception. I already talked to my doctor and got the okay. You should do the same.