Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday Sales: Pottermore

Did you get into Pottermore? Ugh, I didn't. Pottermore is the website by J. K. Rowling that features e-book and audiobook versions of the Harry Potter series. First announced in 2011, fans were encouraged to register with the website quickly, as only the first 1 million fans gained access to Pottermore between July 31 and August 6th, 2011. Those first million were the clever/lucky ones that found the Quill and then solved the riddle to gain entrance to the site. Everyone else will have to wait until October 1, 2011. The big draw aside from (finally) authorized e-books, was the interactive reading experience. Information about the site says that once users create a user name, they will be able to follow Harry through the chapters, visit Diagon Alley, sort into Houses, and learn spells.

I am a huge Potter-fanatic... at least the book versions. I keep saying how I am not a fan of books made into movies because they usually screw them up. Granted, the Harry Potter movies have been pretty good. I have not seen any of them in the theater though. I'll rent them after they come out on Netflix. I am seriously stoked about real e-book versions coming out. I am partial to e-books, mostly for portability, so the news of Potter e-books totally made my month when I heard about it.

So did you get into Pottermore? I wanna hear about it! Do you like it? Did it meet your expectations? Have any gripes yet?

No comments: