Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday Five: Favorite 2011 Memories

I hope everyone is enjoying the last Friday of 2011. If you are getting ready to party tomorrow night, please remember to stay safe and keep it all in moderation. If you can't remember it, then how can it be any fun later on? Yeah yeah. Speaking of memory, that leads me to today's Friday Five. My favorite memories of 2011!

1. My brother got married in September! Yeah! Go bro! Maybe my sister-in-law can muzzle him and keep him grounded. :)

2. I finally "officially" moved back to Ohio in August. I live in the south since 2003. It was time to come home for a while.

3. I got my first e-reader in October. I have since downloaded about 600 free books and games. I intend to read them all at some point!

These last two were harder to come up with...

4. Occupy events started in September. I'm sad that it has come to demonstrations and civil disobedience, but I am very happy to keep the memory of Americans finally waking up in my mind.

5. Gay marriage legalized in New York in July. I am very, very happy that my friends in New York are legally entitled to marry their partners, but I really hate that it has come to be court cases and such over the issue. Up until 1996, there was no "definition" of marriage. Why do we need one now? The neighbor's marriage has no merit on someone else's. So yes, just like in 2004, 2008, 2009, and 2010, I am happy about the legalization, but I am still disappointed that people cannot see beyond their own egos to get over themselves and mind their own business.

Here is to a very Happy New Years to you. Stay safe. Have fun. Ring in the new year surrounded by those you love!

Love is love, no matter the back story. <3 DS

2 comments:

Booksteve said...

Ah, well...maybe next year I'll make your list. :(

Dee said...

Hush you! You're my favorite memory of this past decade. <3