Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Homemade Holidays Part 3

I had to switch gears for a while since my family just had to have the dinning room table, so I started making ornaments and crafts with pipe cleaners. Check out what I have so far after the jump!




 Reindeer, wreath, cat, teddy bear, candy cane! I am really happy with the candy cane, cat, and wreath. I want to cover the reindeer's middle because that looks goofy and my teddy bear is very... skinny. It is a work in progress. haha

 Animals! Green and yellow is a monkey. Black and white is a monkey, though I'm considering taking its tail off, making it fatter, and then calling it a panda instead! The yellow and black in the back is a lion (see the mane???) and a giraffe. Cute yes? Below is a very rough elephant. It is very much a WIP.


 Butterfly and flower!
Turtles! The green and red one was first and it was the best. I like my others though... Is it bad that I have named them??? Red and green = Holly. White and red = Sugarcane. White and green = Spearmint. White and purple = Peppermint. I'm so original I know!

I found the designs for most of these on the web. Check the links below for directions. If it isn't listed, then I did it myself, though I can't guarantee that I didn't see it done somewhere at some point.

Mixed in with others


Scroll about 1/2 down the page

Butterfly (video)
Flower (video)

The elephant and turtles were my own designs. I found a turtle design but it used pom poms which I didn't have, so I had to make it up. They had used a pipe cleaner coil for the shell. I made the shell with two color pipe cleaners and then created a body through trial and error. Maybe I'll make a video or take pictures of the step by step for the turtle. haha I'll be back to painting ornaments again soon. I am making a Winnie-the-Pooh set and a Charlie Brown set before Christmas! Hey, I have to have something to do while I'm procrastinating with editing! :)

Love is love, no matter the back story. <3 DS

1 comment:

Arts in the Family said...

They're wonderful! I love the turtles.

Alberto Ramirez Jr.