Top 5 Holiday Movies:
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Written by John Hughes. Automatically qualifies as #1 for that reason alone.
- Hogfather. I have written about Terry Pratchett before. His Disc World series includes this story and it is a fantastic "alternative" version of a Christmas type story.
- Prancer. This movie makes me cry every time. I considered Cloris Leachman's role as Mrs. McFarland her best until she portrayed Maw Maw in Raising Hope.
- The Santa Clause. I discovered David Krumholtz for the first time as Bernard and crushed hard on him for years!
- A Charlie Brown Christmas. This classic cartoon always gives me a feel good high.
Honorable Mentions in no specific order:
A Christmas Carol. This cartoon played every year when I was a kid. I have fond memories of yelling at Scrooge and then cheering for Tiny Tim.
Home Alone. Another John Hughes film. It only rates an honorable mention because I have to listen to Joe Pesci screech throughout most of it. No amount of John Candy, Macaulay Culkin, and Christopher Columbus can make up for that.
Babes in Toyland. This always played in school when I was a kid. I remember that because it wasn't a cartoon, a lot of kids didn't watch it. I did though. It was amazing.
Scrooged. Bill Murray plays Scrooge in this remake of A Christmas Carol. The story is slightly different, but its still true to the core of ACC. Plus, Bill is hilarious.
The Christmas Shoes. This was a made-for-tv movie based on a song of the same name. Kimberly Williams from The 10th Kingdom plays one of the lead characters and the role is tragic. It makes me cry.
Miracle on 34th Street. Mara Wilson's portrayal of Susan (the little girl) is brilliant. A great remake of a classic story.
Love is love, no matter the back story. <3 DS