Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday Thought: Christmas Gifting

I found this quote this morning and absolutely love it.

Christmas gift suggestions: to your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect.
Oren Arnold

Isn't that beautiful? I think I live my life that way as it is, but I'm not perfect. I don't forgive quickly, though I do forgive eventually. I don't know that I have opponents per say but I am very tolerant. I would give everything to my friends if I could. I've done the customer service stuff for close to 15 years (and was very good at it, not just a warm body filling a spot). I definitely give to charity... donations every time I pass the kettle, giving of gently used toys and clothes throughout the year, Angel tree gifts every holiday, serving at the soup kitchen, helping others around me when times are rough. I try to set a good example for all kids all the time, but especially E&L. I'm better about respecting myself. What about you?

2 comments:

Arts in the Family said...

I'm a w.i.p. but I'm doing what I can to live by those standards. When the kettles aren't around I share the wealth with an extra good tip as often as I can or donate money to a good cause.

Forgiving is the toughest one for me but I generally do it after a while. Being angry at someone only tends to hurt oneself in the long run. Hardest of all ,sometimes, is forgiving yourself.

Alberto Ramirez Jr.

Dee said...

I think forgiveness is a vice for everyone. Its been harder to forgive people as I get older as I'm confused everyone around me gets less mature. haha I truly understand.