Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wednesday Weird: Natural Formations

I found this on Yahoo! a few days ago and bookmarked it for today. Go to this link to watch a cute video about 5 of the weirdest natural formations in the United States. I'll wait for you.




So what did you think? Weird? I thought so and apparently Yahoo! agrees. I had never heard of the hoodoos in Utah or ringing rocks in Pennsylvania but they look and sound awesome. They are now on my list of places to visit. Petrified Forest National Park has always been somewhere on my list of places to visit, though not in the Top 5. I played with petrified wood from this park as a child in science class and the process of permineralization (that is a real word!) is fascinating.

Chimney Rock isn't quite as interesting for me, although I would have LOVED to see the lightning scalp the peak! Antelope Canyon looks awesome. The beams of light are incredible though some of those paths looked thin. I doubt I would be able to go through a lot of it. I'm not claustrophobic until the walls really are pressing in. Antelope Canyon seems to fit that description.

Love is love, no matter the back story. <3 DS

No comments: